April 22, 2010
• Providers of translation services charge on the basis of the amount of text that has to be translated. So, the simplest tip would be to reduce the amount of text to reduce costs. It is important to do away with unimportant details, cut down on descriptive terms and reduce verbosity.
• Repetition of text would translate to a ‘repetition of charges’! Certain common terms that are repeated on every page can be translated using free machine translation; you need not pay for the repetitive words that occur in every page!
• Non-market specific information, industry-specific lingo and cultural clichés need to be avoided while translation.
• Businesses can also use free online translation tools available on the Internet for unofficial and internal correspondence and for terms that are simple and uncomplicated.
• Companies should avail the services of a company that provides professional translation services. Thus, to avail the best services at reduced rates, companies should ask for quotes from different service providers. This can help you in saving money on translation.
• Another vital tip to save on translation costs would be to avoid complex layouts. The text to be translated should be provided in its original format and preferably in a Microsoft Word file.
• ‘Rush charges’ can be avoided by allowing sufficient time for the translation process to happen by planning and scheduling the process beforehand. Good groundwork makes a big difference to the price as well as the quality of the translated document.
These were a few pointers with regards to saving money while getting your documents translated. Know more about how to choose a good translation service provider.
April 14, 2010
Translations are critical for growing a business, disseminating information and educating customers. With companies expanding to multiple geographic locations it often becomes necessary to translate official information into multiple languages.
What to Translate?
Content that requires to be translated could range from website content, technical content, employee and instruction handbook content, strategic documents, legal document content and other content. If content is translated correctly across languages, its value gets enhanced and it is well understood by potential employees, potential customers and potential partners in different countries across the globe.
With information playing a critical role in business, it is imperative that you translate information into multiple languages so that you can reach out to a larger audience. The constant need for real time information can be met by professional multiple language translation services. When you translate a particular piece of information into several languages at one point of time, it can be shared and accessed by many people in different countries at the same time. Thus, the need for real-time information is met successfully.
Seeking Outsourced Help
To ensure that information is translated accurately into multiple languages, one can outsource all translation requirements to a competent offshore translation service provider. In a bid to do so, it is important that one selects the right translation agency. A competent translation agency is usually certified by a governing body. Qualified translators employed by the agency should be familiar with grammar rules, idioms, writing conventions, cultural difference and most importantly should have a thorough understanding of both languages - the source and the target.
Locating the Translation Agency
If you are planning to translate content into multiple languages and are looking for an agency to outsource your requirements to, ensure that the translators who will be working on your project are qualified and have wide experience in the domain. Native translators for each language that you want to translate to should be hired by the translation agency. For example, if you want to translate information into 10 different foreign languages, ensure that the translation service provider has 10 different translators who are native speakers of the languages in which they are going to translate your information.
When the multi language translation work is extensive, do not hesitate to give the agency a few sample documents for translation; this will help you gauge their competency in translating content into multiple languages. Besides negotiating for a competitive rate, you could also check out the agency’s quality control protocol. It is best not to rush the translation agency, giving them adequate time to deliver the work. It is best to predetermine time frames by which you can expect the delivery of your translations.
No doubt, the rapidly changing economic environment has led to people seeking multiple language translation services and these days translators are much involved in every part of intercultural and business communication. It is worth understanding the significance of multiple translation services and also making use of them to reach out to people in other countries.
Know more about multiple language translation services.
April 7, 2010
Facts About Spanish
- The Spanish language is the most extensively spoken Romance language, both in terms of number of speakers and the number of countries in which it is a principal language.
- Spanish has gained tremendous recognition in art, literature and tourism. Spain and Mexico are the two highly toured countries in the world.
- There is a greater than ever increase witnessed in the Hispanic population who have a spending capacity of well over $500 billion. It is estimated that by 2012 the ratio between Hispanics and the U.S. citizens would be 1:4.
- In some countries, the Spanish language is second to English. It is the fourth most commonly spoken language in the world after English, Chinese and Hindi. As a result, the Spanish speaking community is one of the fastest growing communities in the world.
- It is predicted that by the year 2050, there will be 530 million Spanish speakers as against the existing 400 million.
All this data justifies the increasing importance of the Spanish language. Keeping this in mind, companies are busy translating their marketing communication and other important documents into the Spanish language, hence increasing the demand for Spanish translation services.
Consequently, the need for Spanish translation has grown tremendously in recent years, as industries look forward to have a business relationship with the Spanish-speaking market.
Great Business Potential
- It is a fact that a website in English has the probability of reaching out and appealing to a larger population in U.S., but there is a large chunk of people in the U.S who follow Spanish as their first language. Thus, translating your website content to Spanish has great potential.
- There is a great demand for translating technical Spanish content due to the presence of several industries (pharmaceutical, automotive, electronics, aviation and engineering) which communicate in the Spanish language. This makes Spanish translation fundamental for various business transactions.
- From a business perspective, Spanish translation service has achieved tremendous significance in the United States. Statistics prove that various organizations that have translated their marketing and website content into Spanish are much ahead of their competitors.
March 30, 2010
Most of the document translation companies offer to translate a wide range of documents, including:
- Brochures and catalogs
- Employee handbooks
- Software manuals
- Technical manuals
- Instruction manuals
- Business reports
- Business plans
- Legal contracts
- Birth and death certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce decrees
- Marketing handbooks
- Scientific procedures
- Project reports
- Other documents
Documents to be translated can be sent to a translation service provider in any format such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, RTF or PDF. The translation company will translate it into the target language and send it back to you in the format of your choice.
Choosing to outsource your document translation services to a translation company is extremely beneficial. Some of the benefits are:
- Only experienced and professional translators, who are native speakers of a foreign language, are employed for providing document translation services.
- Documents are translated within the stipulated time frame and sent to you in the format of your choice.
- Accurate translation of the document is provided, keeping in mind the style, content, tone and structure of the document.
- Confidentiality of the document to be translated is strictly maintained.
- Customer support is offered round-the-clock to clear all your doubts and questions with regards to your translation requirements.
- Sample document translation services are offered free of cost before you actually decide to use the services of a particular service provider. This helps you check the quality of the translations.
March 25, 2010
Translation services involve translating content from one language to another – from source language to target language. Since there is an increasing demand for translation services in multiple foreign languages, many outsourcing companies and freelancers are offering translation services at cost-effective rates. In order to find the right company that provides translation services, one must keep the following points in mind:
- High accuracy rate: Maintenance of high accuracy levels is extremely important while providing translation services. Make sure that the translation provided by the service provider retains the meaning of the content in the original language.
- Timely service: Ensure that the service provider translation services within a quick turnaround time, without much delay. Speed coupled with accuracy is just what one should look for translation services.
- Prompt customer care: The translation service provider that you choose should be able to answer all your queries with regards to your translation project, quickly and courteously.
- Easy and customized billing: Before choosing a translation service company, make sure that they provide a customized billing structure which is easy to comprehend. Besides, the pricing structure should be transparent and less complicated.
- Confidentiality of information: Check with the service provider on confidentiality of all the data that you send for translation. Ensure that the content that you send to the service provider is not misused.
- Ability to translate: Ask your service provider to send you a list of the languages into which your content can be translated. The more languages the better.
- A wide range of services: The translation company that you choose should offer a wide range of translation services, namely, medical translation, legal translation, business translation, digital translation, audio translation, etc.
All in all, make sure that you select the right translation service provider.